Winter is upon us! Cold weather can take a toll on your hair and skin. Hair may become dry and brittle. The lack of moisture in the air causes static, enhancing those annoying flyaways. Here are a few tips and products to protect you from the frosty climate.
1. Alterna Static Spray: This is one of my favorite products for this season. Spray on hair. It seals the cuticle down, it’s weightless, provides light hold, and keeps the static away.
2. Alterna Thermal Treatment Oil: This is great for hair and scalp. This in-shower treatment protects and provides deep moisture from the harsh wintery conditions.
3. Natural Soaps: During the dry months, stay away from soap products that contain harsh detergents and chemicals. They can be
drying, causing scaly and cracked skin. I recommend Wild Soap Bar. All of their soaps are made from organic oils, such as olive oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil, etc. These soaps keep your skin healthy, soft, and moisturized.
4. Kerastase Elixir Ultime: This product is amazing for every season. It is a blend of oils to moisturize and protect the hair from external aggressors. Apply to damp hair before you blow dry.
5. During the winter, use lotions that come in a jar or cream lotions instead of lotions in a pump. The pump lotions contain more water and dilute the product. Shea Butter is extremely moisturizing for the skin.