Here at Soda Salon we are always seeking alternatives to the services we offer. Our most recent addition is the ancient facial hair removal method of threading. Safe, simple, and fast, threading removes hair by catching it in a tightly wound, double coiled string that the aesthetician zips over the face. It is more precise than waxing and tweezing and allows for better lines. There is a slight discomfort factor but no more than with other alternatives.
Why is threading better?
- Threading is much healthier for the skin than waxing, and it creates no ingrown hairs.
- As opposed to waxing, the top layers of skin are not peeled or traumatized in the process making threading gentler on the skin. Threading is highly recommended and an excellent option for those who use Retin-A, Accutane, or similar products.
- Unlike tweezing or plucking, where single hairs are pulled out one at a time, eyebrow threading removes one clean line of hair all at once, resulting in a straighter line and making it much quicker and easier to shape the brows.
- Threading is suitable for all skin types, even those too sensitive for laser hair removal or waxing.
- Usually takes no more than 15-20 minutes to thread both eyebrows.
- No chemicals are used in threading, so there is no risk of a negative reaction.
- The results of the treatment last for two to four weeks.
Our Master Threader and Brow Shaping Artist, Azita Rezaei, is trained in all aspects of this craft and has more than 20 years experience. Soda invites you to experience this ancient secret of great beauty.